Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Read these Responses...the second blog post.


The first response that I want to talk about is Adele's reading response on the book Hunger. Hunger is a book in the “Gone” series. I haven't read the books, but I hope too. First, she does an excellent job of familiarizing everyone with what's going on in the book. She gives a brief description of the book and the characters, and it's enough to get a general sense of what has happened in the book. According to her response, it's the “freaks”, or people who have powers against the people who don't have powers. I especially like her connection to racism, and I definitely agree. It may not be the type of racism that we generally think of, but the normals are persecuting the people with powers because of their abilities. I also agree with her thoughts about Sam. My earlier response talks about Max, who has to lead when the going gets rough. Check the response out at http://justreadthisbook.blogspot.com/ .
The next response that I want to talk about is Kim's response. She is reading the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” series. I've read a couple of books, truthfully though, I'm not a big fan anymore. She makes a lot of connections to her life, comparing herself to Greg. They both have...nosy moms, which is the way she puts it. She also compares the town pool that Greg is forced to go to (which isn't necessarily bad, he likes to look at girls there) to Ecaudor. I've never beeen to Ecaudor, but if you have the same problems she has, you might have some problms. She also talks about the scene where Greg talks about being forced to change in the lockeroom with a bunch of nude men. Kim also talks about wanting her privacy while swimming in Ecaudor. Check it out at http://kimymogrovejo0.blogspot.com/.

Till' next time, Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment